Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Why do I have to...

Why do I have to:

Pick up a styrofoam object someone just tossed onto a pristine forest path?

Help my mom clean cigarette butts that do helicopter spirals onto her balcony daily?

Give my blessings to roadkill I drive by or over multiple times weekly?

Sit in the presence of a placid lake, basking in a Silence that is permeated with shotgun motorboats?

Inhale extra carbon monoxide coughed by an idling SUV, awaiting its owner to emerge from said establishment with a latte?

Listen to "news" littered with wrongdoings, all sorts of happenings that wear at my soul?

Buy into the economics of being part of the demand for the supply of cheaply made "essentials" ?

Be in a world where governments dedicate most of their budgets on ammunition, and other non peaceful endeavours?

Why do I need to:

Walk with an open heart, chin-up in this 'Kaliyuga' era?
Continue to embrace hope?
Try my best to filter the ugliness, let in all the beauty?
Try my darndest to be the change I want to see?
Extract daily joy from my connections with other conscious individuals?

Because:

I choose, one day, one lifetime, to inhabit a Mother Earth where everything and everyone lives in harmony. Resonance. As one.

No comments: