Sunday, August 17, 2008

Observations of late...

As I was driving through a neighbourhood enroute to class
a sight caught and held my attention:
two girls about eight years old,pals,walking home from school
with freezies dangling mouth to knee.
Freezies wobbling as they walked.
I wanted to stop my car and join the freezie-fest.

I rode my bike along the lake a while back
it was not the lake that grabbed my senses
something else seized my peripheral vision
Boy on bike,
pedalling with all his might to catch up to me,
which he did.
I suppose I looked like fair competition and I was game.
As he rode beside me we talked
I asked him: "why don't you wear a helmet?"
Quick to respond: "because I am old enough not to"
monkey see, monkey do, as I was not wearing mine:
Nervetheless I questioned why he thought it might be
a good idea to wear one
and on the conversation went as we cycled side by side.
Of course the sand of his attention span reached the bottom
of the hourglass. My time was up and he sped away.
I tried my darndest to not
pedal up to him, so he could win his race.
I had so much fun.

I crawled inside a tepee on Aboriginal Day
lay down on the grass, feeling the space,
looking up and around
Two girls entered minutes later, around six I guessed,
newly met 'friends' they seemed.
They had Playful written on their foreheads
so I asked if they wanted to dance
dance for me
with the typical un-selfconsciousness of the young
(which ebbs away as we mature- lucky are those who rediscover the wonderful tides of acting from heart, without much care for judgment)
they began to dance, wrestle, tickle,
nudging each other
Front row center ticket for a magical show
of innocence and play
I couldn't help but pull out my camera
and as I clicked away
one thought dominated:
How much I would love to have real playtime
with my Mate

Recent discovery:
moving my body
in free expression
listening to where it wants to go,
sometimes to music, or during Nia class,
or in silence, at times outdoors.
Often I dance for highest Spirit,
other times I dance for me.

I am observing quite often these days,
to see what it is that occupies my heart most of the time.

And most of the time it's the kid in me
who wants to come out and have fun.
Who did not get enough playtime
all those years ago. And the part of me- the real me
that needs to come out uncensored.
Act freely, say what I want to say, laugh,
dance if I feel like it, express in the ways that feel
right for me.
Fully aligned with my spirit.

No comments: