Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ask away....

Ask me who I am and I may respond with
“Who am I? I have been searching:
What can I bring
to the banquet table, this feast called life?

Ask me if I love you:
You won’t need to ask.

Ask me to feed you,
I will nourish you with caresses
And as I listen deeply to the words of your heart and soul
You will know that I hear you.

Ask me where we are headed
and I will surely say:
to the unknown
all I know is we are on the path together,
ambling forward
side by side
sometimes nudging each other along.

Ask me if I want to play:
I readily engage,
laugh some ripples into our abs
Fun, with you, makes me a kid.

Ask me to teach you:
I am honoured to share what I have learned
along my walks
And I want to absorb the learnings
you impart my way.

Ask me what I desire as a treat,
I will ask you to play me music or sing to me:
a tune that plucks at my soul strings
perhaps one that makes me smile;
You can read my mood!
Or
I will ask you to read some words to me,
strung together in a way that rings
these eager ears then vibrates down to my heart
Or
I will say “let’s just sit in one another’s presence”,
connect in silence,
a silence replete with resonance.
Even when we are apart
we can feel the energy between us.

You ask me to receive your giving
because you have joy in your giving
And I gladly receive.
I ask you to receive my giving
Because there is so much joy in my giving
to you.

Ask me whether I am happy to be with you:
you will feel my heart smile.

2 comments:

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

You sound like a pretty amazing friend. I enjoyed reading this, it made me smile.