Saturday, May 17, 2008

S-o-a-r

Inhale inflate my lungs duck-chest ballooned with air twree, two, twone, ready runway clear, lift-off catch the wind, up, up, open sails wide ah, floating on the draft hello monarchs; headin’ back north? how was Mejico? hey red-winged blackbird; lookin' for a mate? so pretty you are, zoom follow one of my kind; not feelin’ the attraction never mind, will find a partner soon I'm lookin’ kind a bright and colourful these days if I must chirp so myself uh,oh, gotta dip, see a v-formation coming, feelin' kinda tired, maybe I'll hitch a ride on their drag, free lift, coast for a while, Spring my favorite time ever; lots of action, get to hang with all my friends, okay good-bye Canada geese, breakin’ out on my own again, hungry; swoop, there, gulp twree wrigglies, store in my belly for later, back up I go, whoosh, just in time, there run the furry four legged friends, the barky ones try to chase me, the meowy ones try to eat me, keep my distance, the two legged ones are okay, don’t bother me except when they try to shoot my friends, strange how they bend down and pick up after four legged barky does his business, look how they get hauled by a rope attached to barky, slaves, gotta aim higher, can’t breathe here, nasty all those metal boxes with wheels; more and more every time I come back, dirty air, can’t breathe, soaring higher and higher, far above puffy fluffy blankets of wet, away, away, aim for water, up north, I can get there today, maybe tomorrow to the big mount with all the trees, or see my friends in the field, or the quiet place with all the big stones poking up from earth, or…or …or…f r e e d o m

3 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

nicely done, seeing things from the bird's perspective like that

Jennifer Hicks said...

i was with them the whole time....thanks for the perspective....

Granny Smith said...

A true bird's eye view! I enjoyed soaring there with you.