Friday, April 25, 2008

Compose

I started to compose my writings on compose this past Sunday. Suddenly I got busy, and this became my constant state all week; it is now Friday morning and I have the pocket of time and piece of mind to put virtual pen to virtual paper.

Good thing it went this way. Because my thoughts on compose travelled along a completely different path; I was originally going to write about how parents compose their children; how they should treat childrearing like composing a magnificent piece of art. Then the universe intervened-twice this week during lunch hour I escaped from my office and drove down to this beautifully serene spot by a river a mere 5 minutes from my workplace. I love it here; I find that at times I am the only one here- Andrea's secret venue.

I spread out my blanket, stretched all limbs- sun angel. Closed the eyes and began to soak in the sun's rays. After I drifted into somewhat of a nidra state, sounds slowly started to permeate my awareness. Slight whoosh of wind, birds tweating. And most of all the rumble of the small waterfall- very close to me. I let out a sigh of pleasure; "noises" of nature make me so happy. Fill me up.
I then sensed the warmth on my skin, rays piercing all my pores. Including eyes and scalp. This is the Luxury I like!
On both days I scooped my fingers and felt the grass, pounded my feet on the earth. Made me feel primal. I am honing my primal state these days.


During the second foray here this week, oddly I plugged into my Ipod- earphones blocking out sound. I did this to feel the difference- really sense how this differed from simply listening to the sounds of nature. This is a whole other session writing.

Suddenly, on the second day I opened my eyes and eureka. I realized that the greatest composition of all time, of Earth, in this lifetime of ours ....is NATURE.

The Creator has produced a masterpiece. Esthetically pleasing, sensually stimulating, awe inspiring.

Let's all hope that we can all wake up to the beauty of it; and do our darndest to freeze frame the destruction and make improvements. If it's not too late!!!

Gotta go now, I have an appointment in 10 minutes>>>>

CU next week.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hicks said...

you ARE a sun angel and that IS your special place. capturing nature's messages through it's sounds is powerful...blessings to you.